[support] Validation Error

Tom Holmes Jr. tom at tomholmes.net
Mon Dec 3 19:46:20 UTC 2007

Hi Casper ... thanks for the information ... it is much appreciated.

Because of the lack of support to his issue ... I've had to just blow
away the database and the install and ............... start from scratch
The issue was just incredibly horrible and frustrating ... and it had to
mean that something was really screwed-up under the covers.

I just started a fresh new install ... on two systems .... one is my
local system, and the other is our shared server in the office.

On my local laptop ... everything is working wonderfully ... even after
I added cck, imagefield, link, and the date-1.6 cck fields.
So far, it is working great ....

However ... on my shared server .... the installation is broken ... the
advanced options allows me to change the host for the database ...
and the install script doesn't change it ... it ALWAYS remains
'localhost' no matter what I change the host to.
I finally had to set the db_url setting manually in order to get the
resin install to work.

So now ................  when I start going through all the
form/submites ... the message in green to indicate if something was done
that keeps growing, and growing, and growing, and growing ... and seldom
resets ....

Maybe that is indicative of what is happening to me.    If I can't get
this fixed .... then we'll be looking for another CMS solution ....