[support] Validation Error

Tom Holmes Jr. tom at tomholmes.net
Tue Dec 4 02:45:06 UTC 2007

Wow ... absolutely stunning ...

Anton ... Yes, I know ... I am not 100% using the recommended
requirements of Apache and the mod_php,
Maybe thats because the Drupal Community hasn't tested this out with
Tomcat, JBOSS, Resin, or any of a dozen other web-servers out there.
I've have done EXTENSIVE research and there are quite a few articles
extolling the virtues of running Drupal on Resin for the performance boost.
Go ahead and Google:    Resin and Drupal .....
If I had installed this on Apache and STILL got the error ... do you
honestly think I would get an answer quicker?

I've spent the last two days researching this issue and from what I can
see, this was an issue with 4.x which NEVER got resolved.
Now it seems the issue is still around ... and STILL there is no answer
as to what is going on or how to fix this once and for all.
This is why corporations can go to proprietary software .... in hopes of
getting a definitive answer ... there is no such promise from the open
source world.
But hey ... I'm an OSS advocate ... but if I had installed this on
Apache, and still get this error ... I STILL wouldn't be able to sell
this solution.

Where I work ... we're a JAVA/J2EE shop and we have Resin which runs all
our java/j2ee applications.
And I have been a Java/j2ee developers for the past decade ...
If I had written Drupal with the problems it has now without logging and
more expansive error messages ... I'd be out of a job.
if I was a PHP programmer ... I'd probably have this fixed by now ...

Maybe I could make a few suggestions to the Drupal community:
1) accept that it is a problem and fix it
2) maybe expand on the error messages instead of the generic message
3) maybe expand on some logging since this doesn't seem to generate any
logging at all for this issue.
These would go a long way to explaining what the issue is and how to fix
it ... right?

I wasted a lot of time today completely doing a fresh install only to
get the same results three times ...
After about the fourth time, I added all my modules at once and it
finally started working.
However ... I don't know if this error will pop up some time in the
future .... and if it does ... I'm not gonna sell Drupal as a solution.

Thanks!
                              Tom