[support] Validation Error

Michael Prasuhn mike at mikeyp.net
Tue Dec 4 21:03:20 UTC 2007

On Dec 4, 2007, at 11:12 AM, Tom Holmes Jr. wrote:
> Yes ... I know ... but logging and error messages would be a great
> help.  If you, like me, do Java development ... you use
> logging and error trapping extensively so you can track bugs in your
> code.  We hope our co-workers who do Java development do the
> same thing ... that way you can debug their code if necessary ... the
> more logging and error trapping the better .... right?

In all fairness PHP vs. Java debugging is not even in the same
category. To do real PHP work including traces will probably require
debugging extensions or such, which may or may not be compatible with
your server environment. Whereas in Java that stuff is bolted into the
environment that runs your app, pretty tightly.

Some things that might help can be found at the links below:
http://www.johnandcailin.com/blog/cailin/log4drupal-logging-api-drupal
http://drupal.org/project/trace
http://drupal.org/project/visualize_backtrace

Visualize backtrace is very cool, but requires xdebug, which may or
may not work with resin. Please let us know if it does. (or any
debugging plugins for PHP for that matter)

-Mike

Michael Prasuhn
mike at mikeyp.net
http://mikeyp.net