[support] Validation Error

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo mail at webthatworks.it
Tue Dec 4 21:49:27 UTC 2007

On Tue, 04 Dec 2007 14:12:27 -0500
"Tom Holmes Jr." <tom at tomholmes.net> wrote:

> one where both resin/drupal/mysql are all on my laptop ... and the
> other environment where resin/drupal and mysql are separate
> servers. The former works ok, the latter does not ... that makes me
> think there is something else wrong and it's not resin.

Why do you think that if one environment work and the other doesn't
it is a Drupal problem?
I mean... it may still be a Drupal problem... maybe something related
to DB and session generation that goes "out of sync" when DB is not
on localhost, but I wouldn't put the blame on Drupal for certain.
Yeah, the fact that it happened before could be in support on your
hypothesis... but still could you explain why you think that the
difference in env is a clue of a Drupal problem?

Could it be a difference in php settings in the 2 environment?
I don't know how Resin works in regard as stuff like php.ini.
Could it be something related to clean urls?

> But both you and Earnie seem to have this fixation that I did not
> test it out with Apache/PHP ... since this issue has been around
> since 4.73 with users presumably using Apache/PHP ... I thought
> logically ... that it was irrelevant.

Yep a clue... maybe they are two slightly different issues.
In which version of Drupal was this problem reported?
If you could reproduce it so easily it would be a more popular
argument of complain. That's why the hypothesis of a problem in the
environment seems a good one too.
To be clear, I think no one that like Drupal would be sad to see
Drupal happily running on one more environment. So that's not a way
to say it is your business.

> Maybe it's a combination on how I added those modules .... again
> who know's.

Sorry I didn't follow the whole thread... do you mean that it happens
just when some modules are activated?

> So ... I will continue testing with Apache/PHP and see if it still
> is an issue ... and I will experiment with adding the four modules
> that I did. And if it's still a problem ... I am going to either A)
> fix it myself B) drop Drupal as being an insufficent
> enterprise-ready CMS system

Drupal is actually one of the most promising CMS for the enterprise
[1].

Don't get mislead by the heat.

[1] despite people sustaining that pgsql should be put to sleep
eternally http://www.drupal4hu.com/node/64

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it