[support] Validation Error

sander-martijn lists at severeddreams.com
Wed Dec 5 01:16:51 UTC 2007

> both you and Earnie seem to have this fixation
Hey now, don't leave the rest of us out.  I've been silently nodding
along here as I presume others have.

For what it's worth I spent years leading enterprise java development
projects in large corporations for uber-large clients.  And I wouldn't
have used php for any of those projects (and that has nothing to do with
drupal or resin).  It's simply still missing far too many of the things
that are important in that environment.  Enforcing clean development and
documentation, robust IDEs, Control over threading/synchronous
asynchronous transactions, robust logging and debugging capabilities,
proprietary source code control through compilation to name just a few.

At this point though I'm much happier to be on this side of the fence
and able to develop pretty robust and feature rich solutions for medium
sized companies in a fraction of the time and at a fraction of the cost.
  It does come with the tradeoff of having to figure things out yourself
sometimes, but you'll find a much larger and supportive community of
people to help you do that than in java (presuming you don't piss those
people that are helping for free off)

> So ... I will continue testing with Apache/PHP and see if it still is an
> issue ...

sounds good, would love to hear about the results

  and I will experiment with adding the four modules that I did.
> And if it's still a problem ... I am going to either A) fix it myself

There you go, now you're half the way to being part of the open source
community!  Next step, offer a patch back to the community and/or help
someone else with their problems.  That's how it works.

> B) drop Drupal as being an insufficent enterprise-ready CMS system
And that may be the answer.

.sander

p.s. - we do want to help