[support] Miserable Installation Process

Vasileios Lourdas lourdas_v at yahoo.gr
Wed Dec 5 18:00:34 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 05 December 2007 19:48:02 Tom Holmes Jr. wrote:
> <big snip>
> Can some PLEASE (and I am beggin now) please point me where I can get
> the PHP MySQL libraries so I can finish configuring my PHP with Apache,
> so I can correctly test Drupal 5.3 on that system ....
> Or ................. should I just use an older version of PHP 5.x that
> DOES have these mySQL libraries ....

I assume that you are on a Linux box (if not, please ignore the following).
So, why don't you use the packages provided by your Linux distribution? All
Linux distributions have packages for the software that you need. And my
opinion is to use at most Apache 2.0.x (I am not currently aware of any
hosting provider that uses Apache 2.2.x) and MySQL 5.0.x. If you need further
info on this, tell us which Linux distribution that you use and we'll provide
you with information and instructions on how to install all the above.
--
# Vasileios Lourdas,
# Informatics Engineer, Thessaloniki (Greece)