[support] Installing php/mysql issues

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo mail at webthatworks.it
Wed Dec 5 19:16:57 UTC 2007

On Wed, 05 Dec 2007 13:49:37 -0500
"Tom Holmes Jr." <tom at tomholmes.net> wrote:

> Oh yeah, I forgot about 'yum' ... i usually do yast2 on my Suse
> systems at home, but this server machine is CentOS.
>
> So .... I did a yum install php, and it upgraded the packages to
> php-4.3.9 ... not the latest/greatest 5.2.5 ....
> So ... does this php include the mysql libraries?   how do I tie my
> newest Apache 2.2.6 with PHP?
>
> I presume the first thing I have to find is the libmodphp4.so file
> or something to that effect .. or is it just mod_php.so?
> Then I know there is some more configuration in the httpd.conf file
> in order to tie these together.
>
> Is there anything else I am missing?                       Thanks!

If CentOS did a reasonable work (Debian does) what you'll have to do
is just install mod_php, apache and php-mysql, mod_rewrite (last
one just on Apache 1.X?).

Then you'll have to understand where the default root of Apache is
and place there your stuff.

It may be necessary to "AllowOverride All" in apache config.

These things are so stable, I'm not a sysadmin and they became easier
and easier that I tend to avoid to remember them.

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it