[support] Installing php/mysql issues

Tom Holmes Jr. tom at tomholmes.net
Wed Dec 5 18:49:37 UTC 2007

Oh yeah, I forgot about 'yum' ... i usually do yast2 on my Suse systems
at home, but this server machine is CentOS.

So .... I did a yum install php, and it upgraded the packages to
php-4.3.9 ... not the latest/greatest 5.2.5 ....
So ... does this php include the mysql libraries?   how do I tie my
newest Apache 2.2.6 with PHP?

I presume the first thing I have to find is the libmodphp4.so file or
something to that effect .. or is it just mod_php.so?
Then I know there is some more configuration in the httpd.conf file in
order to tie these together.

Is there anything else I am missing?                       Thanks!