[support] Installing php/mysql issues

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Dec 6 19:03:20 UTC 2007

Quoting "Tom Holmes Jr." <tom at tomholmes.net>:

> For some reason .... the user that owned the new directory was 1080 root
> even though I untarred the file as root .. bizarre.

The bizarre part is that you unarchived the file as root.  Usually this
is done in a user such as webadmin.

> I had to change the all the files and directories to be owned by root
> ... and then chmod of settings.php file to 777 to start.

You should change them owned as webadmin (or some other equivalent for
CentOS).

> When I went to the install page ... that went very well, and I got to
> the first page to create the first account.
> I created the first account ... but rather than giving me the password
> ... it went to the login page saying I did not have access to that page.

Let's see CentOS.  Isn't there issues with its default security policy,
SELinux?

http://www.google.com/search?q=SELinux+site%3Alists.drupal.org&btnG=Search

Earnie -- http://for-my-kids.com/
-- http://give-me-an-offer.com/