[support] use uid1 or not Re: How to create "index" pages of content

Greg Knaddison greg at pingvox.com
Mon Dec 10 03:55:21 UTC 2007

On Dec 10, 2007 12:36 AM, Neil Adair <neila at magma.ca> wrote:
> Shai Gluskin wrote:
> >  He's in the awkward situation of having to give his employee who
> > administers the site access to his user account in order for the
> > employee to administer the site. And it's not a trivial matter to
> > migrate all his content to another user.
> see http://drupal.org/project/adminrole

Neil - the discussion so far is about whether or not something like
adminrole is a good idea.  My contention is that if you believe that
using UID1 is bad then using adminrole is nearly as unsafe.

If you use adminrole but also remove many of the privileges then it
becomes more safe.  However, most paranoid people feel that it's
better to consciously enable permissions than have that happen
automatically.

Regards,
Greg

--