[support] Installation of Drupal 5.5 Complete

Tom Holmes Jr. tom at tomholmes.net
Mon Dec 10 04:07:05 UTC 2007

In the interest of solving the issue:  With the same version of
Resin/Drupal and MySQL, the installation on my laptop worked, but the
one on the shared server did not.
Actually, both installations worked initially .... it was the modules
that screwed me up.
On my laptop I untarred the files under the user name, so of course when
you untar a module, it gets the same user id and group id as it was when
it was tarred.
On my laptop I moved the resulting directories to
/sites/all/modules/module_name and as a result, they got the right name
and username and group permissions.

On the shared server ... I took a slightly different tact.  I moved the
tarballs to /sites/all/modules and then untarred them there ....
but then failed to change the username and group permissions to the same
username and group that belong to all the other files.

Ultimately ... yeah, I did go off the "main path" ... but with the new
Resin 3.1.4 and Drupal 5.5, and the modules set with the same username
and group permissions ...
everything is working 100% perfectly.

Thanks for all the help!