[support] use uid1 or not Re: How to create "index" pages of content

Larry Garfield larry at garfieldtech.com
Mon Dec 10 05:34:05 UTC 2007

On Sunday 09 December 2007, Shai Gluskin wrote:
> To me it seems that user/1 doesn't really fit the Drupal data model. You
> have the instance of an object which is too different from all the other
> instances of the object. User/1 is one obstacle that slows down Drupal from
> becoming object-oriented.

I do not comprehend how having a "root" user account has anything to do with
object-orientation whatsoever.

The only thing "magic" about uid 1 is that the user_access() function always
returns true for uid 1, and the update.php script (normally) only runs for
uid 1.  There's nothing else special about it, and certainly nothing that
involves objects.

--
Larry Garfield			AIM: LOLG42
larry at garfieldtech.com		ICQ: 6817012