[support] changing the display of the breadcrumb trail in blog module

Steve Edwards killshot91 at comcast.net
Tue Dec 11 02:34:45 UTC 2007

Yes, you can use hook_view() (the code from the blog module is an implementation of hook_view).

http://api.drupal.org/api/function/hook_view/5

You just create the breadcrumb array the way it does below, replacing the appropriate element with the custom field data.  I'm not
sure if custom fields become part of the $user object, so you might have to query the database to get the field you want.  For
instance, if you were using the Profile module, you would need to query profile_fields and profile_values to get what you want and
then replace the user name with the custom field in the $breadcrumb array.

Steve