[support] Content Structure

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Dec 12 21:49:30 UTC 2007

Quoting Fred Jones <fredthejonester at gmail.com>:

> I am working on importing a large set of HTML pages. There are about 12K
> pages organized into 40 volumes. Each volume it seems will average about
> 300 pages. I am working with the Import HTML module to get them into
> Drupal, and thus far, initial tests look good.
>
> I have a few questions how to structure the data however:
>
> 1. How can I create 'next' and 'prev' links to allow the user to move
> easily between pages?

I suggest Node Relativity[1] to control parent/child relationships.

> 2. Shall I use one taxonomy vocabulary with 40 entries to label each
> page as to which volume it belongs to?

It might be beneficial.  But still wouldn't control the parent/child
relationship.

> 3. With regard to images, there are 'image references' in the import
> files which refer to images named the same as the HTML file. These
> references are not HTML--they are plain text like <Image Reference Vol
> 02 Page 8>. I was thinking to do the import and then make a script to
> run through the imported data and convert those to IMG tags. I suppose I
> could also accomplish that in real time on each page request, but a
> one-time script seems to make more sense to me.

Maybe use CCK[2] and its image field[3]?

[1] http://drupal.org/project/relativity
[2] http://drupal.org/project/cck
[3] http://drupal.org/project/imagefield

Earnie -- http://for-my-kids.com/