[support] Content Structure

Fred Jones fredthejonester at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 13:23:25 UTC 2007

Thank you to those who replied. My response:

> check out the pageroute module: http://drupal.org/project/pageroute

Now this looks interesting--I will check it out.

> and the paging module: http://drupal.org/project/paging

This I don't need, as the pages are already broken up--one page per HTML
file. :)

> Also I've never used the book content type, but would it be conceivable
> to load each of these as pages in a book?

I was thinking of the same thing. I had forgotten where this is as I
have never used it, but in reality, this is precisely what I need as it
allows me to create chapters and then pages within those chapters in a
sequence:

http://drupal.org/handbook/modules/book

> That sounds like the way to do it.  Does the html import create image
> nodes for images referenced in the import?  If so that would probably be
> better, and in that case you would want to run the script before
> importing.  Actually you would likely want to run the script before
> importing anyway as a shell script run on files would be faster and less
> prone to errors than a php script run on the database.  It's a lot
> easier to create a copy of the folder for backup than it is to reimport
> if something goes wrong in the script.

Hmm, this is interesting advice. The 'rollback' issue doesn't exist in
actuality b/c anyway this is a fresh DB, but it might well be easier to
run a script on the files than on the DB. I will consider this.

 > Maybe use CCK[2] and its image field[3]?

Good idea--I have used these before--I will see how this will work. I
think in reality that I will just upload all the JPGs en masse and setup
links right in the node HTML code to them--this should be easy.

 > I suggest Node Relativity[1] to control parent/child relationships.

Seems like using Book should handle this.

Thanks,
Fred