[support] Strategy Help Needed for Link Rolls

Greg Knaddison greg at pingvox.com
Mon Dec 17 17:52:09 UTC 2007

On Dec 17, 2007 12:55 PM, Shai Gluskin <shai at content2zero.com> wrote:
> 1. Can anyone confirm that indeed, links generated dynamically via the
> del.icio.us link wizard don't generate "real" links on the site in terms of
> Technorati and Google?

It looks like they are javascript based so at this point, you are
right, they aren't "real" as far as search engine bots are concerned.
Search engine spiders would just see the <script...</script> and say,
"ok, some javascript stuff I don't understand, fine."

> 2. How do you do link rolls on your site?

I mostly do it by hand with the menu module which requires me to be a
menu admin and is somewhat tedious (I don't have many linkrolls).  If
I needed to manage a lot of them or let other users create this I'd
probably use the cck link field + views.

I'm not sure if http://drupal.org/project/delicious does exactly what
you need, but it would be a good place to start if you want to keep
using delicious.

Regards,
Greg

--