[support] Synchronous Wiki Page Editing

ian at corpwatch.org ian at corpwatch.org
Thu Dec 20 23:44:17 UTC 2007

I am using Pearwiki and wikitools to create pages on my site.  Anyone
can create a login or edit pages.  If two people click "edit" at the
same time, one persons work is lost.  The second person to click
"submit" gets an error message:  This content has been modified by
another user, changes cannot be saved.

This is obviously a version control issue.  This problem has been solved
before in computer programming.  Is there a solution for Drupal?  Does
this happen anytime two users hit "edit"?

I guess it would make more sense to block the second user from clicking
"Edit", that would be the "checking out" of the particular article.
Then when it is checked back in, the other users could edit it, but only
after.

Currently, the configuration forks the content every time two people
click "edit."  Is there a workaround?  I checked all of my settings, but
didn't see a solution.

--ian--