[support] Synchronous Wiki Page Editing

Saint-Genest Gwenael gwenael.saint-genest at makina-corpus.com
Thu Dec 27 08:42:40 UTC 2007

ian at corpwatch.org wrote:
> I am using Pearwiki and wikitools to create pages on my site.  Anyone
> can create a login or edit pages.  If two people click "edit" at the
> same time, one persons work is lost.  The second person to click
> "submit" gets an error message:  This content has been modified by
> another user, changes cannot be saved.
>
> This is obviously a version control issue.  This problem has been solved
> before in computer programming.  Is there a solution for Drupal?  Does
> this happen anytime two users hit "edit"?
>
> I guess it would make more sense to block the second user from clicking
> "Edit", that would be the "checking out" of the particular article.
> Then when it is checked back in, the other users could edit it, but only
> after.
>
> Currently, the configuration forks the content every time two people
> click "edit."  Is there a workaround?  I checked all of my settings, but
> didn't see a solution.
>
> --ian--

Hi !

  Many online softwares works like this ... I think, actually there is
no way to lock a node to avoid two users edit at same time. If you want
to modify edit-process, you can look at an (old) patch at :
http://lists.drupal.org/archives/development/2004-09/msg00720.html

Gwen

--
Saint-Genest Gwenael <gwenael.saint-genest at makina-corpus.com>