[support] Block Styles

Bill Fitzgerald bill at funnymonkey.com
Thu Dec 27 17:49:38 UTC 2007

Hello, Tom,

If I understand your question correctly, you have done the following steps:

1. Created the menus at the menu admin screen.

2. Displayed those menus in a region of your theme via the block config
menu --

If this is the case, every block has a unique ID, and you could target
individual blocks via css. Alternately, and this would be more complex
but ultimately more flexible, you could set up a php snippet in your
template.php (or maybe even create a small helper module) that examined
block titles, and then applied css based on the text of the title.

In some ways, the second option could be pretty slick: an admin screen
where you identified the text to look for in the block title, and then a
textarea where you entered the css override. But that would be a fair
amount of work to accomplish something you can do pretty quickly within
the stylesheet.

You also might want to check this out: http://drupal.org/node/74481 --
it's a bit dated, but is still pretty relevant.

Also, what I'm suggesting assumes that you are displaying your menus via
blocks.

Cheers,

Bill

--