[support] Problem with Drupal site

Larry Garfield larry at garfieldtech.com
Wed Jan 10 03:13:44 UTC 2007

The only time I've seen this is when I'm running Drupal through a debugger
(Zend) and I kill it part way through.  It works again after I refresh the
page, though.

The session table contains state information for users currently logged into
the site.  Depending on your site, it may be safe to simply flush that table
(along with the cache table).  It's a not-uncommon thing to do before moving
a site from one server to another.  Any users currently logged in will get
kicked out, and if you have any save-in-session features enabled those will
be lost as well, but neither should be a permanent problem nor should doing
so affect unpublished nodes.  (Only you know if that's an acceptable
trade-off.)

On Tuesday 09 January 2007 6:31 pm, Mark Shropshire wrote:
> Bruce,
>
> I get these every now and then on a number of sites and servers. I
> couldn't find much info on it and the sites still seem to be running
> fine. I would love to get details on how to resolve.
>
> On Jan 9, 2007, at 3:52 PM, Bruce Whealton wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >      My drupal site suddenly started displaying an error that I
> > cannot make sense of...nor do I know what to do.  I have been using
> > Drupal to run a poetry magazine
> >  online and a writer's community.  Poetry submissions come in via
> > the drupal
> >  submission queue.  I haven't made any changes to the site code or
> > any admin
> >  changes or any changes at all to the site.  Thus the site error
> > comes as quite
> > an unexpected and confusing surprise.   The error message is listed
> > below...
> >     I hope that this can be fixed.  I don't want to loose the many
> > poems submitted
> > and published and those awaiting publication.  It would be over a
> > year's worth of
> > published poems that could be lost.  Can someone help me, please,
> > with this
> > problem.
> >   The error is included below.  Please let me know if you have any
> > idea what I can do.  I had thought that some backups were being
> > made by someone helping
> > me maintain the site but I cannot be sure if there is a recent
> > backup available on
> > the site.
> >
> > Error message>>>
> > Fatal error: Duplicate entry '0' for key 2 query: INSERT INTO
> > sessions (sid, uid, hostname, timestamp) VALUES
> > ('8cbce4316d9b4797ef37e81fee84a52f', 0, '68.213.148.90',
> > 1168370359) in /home/brucew/public_html/home/includes/
> > database.mysql.inc on line 66
> >
> > Thank you,
> > Bruce
> > --