[support] Problem with Drupal site

Metzler, David metzlerd at evergreen.edu
Wed Jan 10 16:15:46 UTC 2007

I have also had these periodically, mostly when I've been copying
cloning or importing database sites.  The cause is very loosley
described as stale sessions. If you have mysql administrative
access,consider executing the following query:

DELETE FROM sessions

This will remove all entries from the session table.  The session table
only contains information about people currently logged in or connected
to drupal, so it may be safely deleted, especially during times of low
activity.

I don't know the root underlying cause but this should get your site
back up and running. Without risking content.

As always, it's good to make a mysql backup using mysqldump prior to
executing scripts like this.

Good luck,

Dave