[support] Problem with Drupal site

Gerhard Killesreiter gerhard at killesreiter.de
Thu Jan 11 00:12:58 UTC 2007

Bruce Whealton wrote:
> This site uses Drupal 4.6.5  I never upgraded this site.  I was not wanting to install the
>   modules again and worry about loosing any data... the poems.

That's a bad idea. If you don't upgrade your site, then you might lose
data as then some people might exploit security vulnerabilies and delete it.

Updating to 4.6.11 should be perfectly safe and I think will resolve
your problem.

>  This error appeared
>   without any changes to the code or any admin changes being made, like I mentioned.
>   My web hosting provider said this is not covered as it is a software issue.  I thought if

The provider probably installed a new version of either php or mysql and
this version does not work with your ancient Drupal version.

>   it was a problem with the php/mysql code that would only show up if I did something
>   new or different with the site - if I had added a module or created a block or added a
>   theme.  None of that happened.
>
>   I use cpanel to manage the site(s) and I do have phpmyadmin

First take a snapshot of your data, then update.

Cheers,
	Gerhard