[support] Ending support thread

Greg Knaddison - GVS Greg at GrowingVentureSolutions.com
Sun Jan 21 06:13:27 UTC 2007

On 1/20/07, Larry Garfield <larry at garfieldtech.com> wrote:
> I periodically respond to support items in the issue queue.  As an issue, it
> can and should have its status set to "fixed" when the issue has been
> resolved, one way or another.

<snip>

> done isn't.  What should be done?

If I think I've provided a fix for the problem I like to mark it
"Fixed" and put in the comment "If it's not fixed, please change the
status back."  I like keeping issue queues that I'm responsible for as
small as possible.  Open issues keep me awake late at night!  But I
also don't want to shut an issue that isn't solved (hence I only close
them if I think I've done it) and I also want the submitter to feel
alright when they re-open it if I thought I provided a solution but
really it didn't help.

Greg