[support] How to insert links to other pages on the same site?

Richard Brown rich at cregy.co.uk
Sun Jan 28 19:04:31 UTC 2007

Hi Guys

On 28/01/07, Earnie Boyd <earnie at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> Quoting cl at isbd.net:
>

> > As I said just before the *total* separation of structure and content
> > breaks some of the point of web pages to my mind.  Simple, non
> > navigational, links need to be embedded in the actual text, that's
> > what HTML/web is for.
> >

> So you can't do <a href="foo">go to bar</a> in the page?  I do it all
> the time.  Path aliasing helps with this so that you can change
> node/<x> to about or what ever else.

I understand where you are coming from but look at it from the reverse
side. i.e. Using Wordpress you click on a button and that brings up a
url box. You insert the url required press enter. Now you are given a
title box, which you enter, etc. Wordpress uses tidymce as a text
editor. Obviously Chris could install tidymce but I think what he
might be saying is he wants this out of the box.

Drupal is an excellent and complete cms and I think a joy to use as
you start to understand nodes, users, etc. but it is not simple.
Wordpress however works well in its simplicity and probably does
exactly what Chris wants.

I am not intending to start a flamewar by the way. I am simply stating
that WP and Drupal probably have two different user groups.
--
Rich
http://www.cregy.co.uk