[support] How to insert links to other pages on the same site?

Earl Miles merlin at logrus.com
Sun Jan 28 19:06:52 UTC 2007

Richard Brown wrote:
> I understand where you are coming from but look at it from the reverse
> side. i.e. Using Wordpress you click on a button and that brings up a
> url box. You insert the url required press enter. Now you are given a
> title box, which you enter, etc. Wordpress uses tidymce as a text
> editor. Obviously Chris could install tidymce but I think what he
> might be saying is he wants this out of the box.

This is of course great for people who want TinyMCE out of the box. WHich is a
lot of people. Unfortunately, there are a lot of people who don't. Personally I
can't stand TinyMCE. It gets in the way too much.

> I am not intending to start a flamewar by the way. I am simply stating
> that WP and Drupal probably have two different user groups.

Certainly. There will likely be a Wordpress-alike Drupal profile at some point,
now that install profiles are doable. But they're still too new to be very
effective. They'll get there as more people create profiles and work out the
kinks in getting them available.