[support] How to insert links to other pages on the same site?

cl at isbd.net cl at isbd.net
Sun Jan 28 21:38:03 UTC 2007

On Sun, Jan 28, 2007 at 09:19:25AM -0800, Earl Miles wrote:
> cl at isbd.net wrote:
> > It also doesn't address the issue of links within the content.
> >
> > I think part of the problem is that it really isn't that simple (or
> > sensible) to separate structure and content quite so completely as
> > Drupal does (so do others, it's what CMS 'does').
>
> I don't understand the issue here.
>
> Is the fundamental problem that the <a> tag is too difficult? That doesn't make
> sense since your basic complaint is that it is separating content and structure
> too much, which suggests you're having trouble getting it to embed links at all.
>
> Either way, perhaps this will help:
> http://drupal.org/project/pearwiki_filter

The trouble is not so much that it's particularly difficult to embed
links but that what seems (to me at least) to be such a fundamental
part of what the web is about has to be done with an add-on of some
sort or another.

... and when you've done it you can't really see what the result looks
like.

--
Chris Green (chris at halon.org.uk)