[support] How to insert links to other pages on the same site?

Earl Miles merlin at logrus.com
Sun Jan 28 21:45:32 UTC 2007

cl at isbd.net wrote:
> The trouble is not so much that it's particularly difficult to embed
> links but that what seems (to me at least) to be such a fundamental
> part of what the web is about has to be done with an add-on of some
> sort or another.

I'm still confused. You don't need an add-on to use the <a> tag. Yes, you need
an add-on to have some spiffy click-and-pick UI to add links into text, but you
have to understand that there are a lot of use cases where we might not want a
spiffy click-and-pick UI.

Either that or I just don't understand what you're asking. You keep saying that
"this is fundamental", but I think it's only fundamental to what you are trying
to do in particular, and not necesarily fundamental to the concept in general.
A lot of people will have that perspective about some particular feature or
other, which is very important to what that person wants...but not necessarily
what everyone wants.

> ... and when you've done it you can't really see what the result looks
> like.

Does the 'Preview' button not work for you?