[support] How to insert links to other pages on the same site?

cl at isbd.net cl at isbd.net
Mon Jan 29 09:05:33 UTC 2007

On Sun, Jan 28, 2007 at 02:04:13PM -0800, Earl Miles wrote:
> cl at isbd.net wrote:
>
> I think there is a disconnect between these two quotes:
>
> > I was hoping to avoid HTML by using Drupal (or another CMS), I thought
> > the point of the exercise was to make it easy for non-techie people to
> > enter web content.
>
> > Entering links into the body of what you're writing is fairly
> > fundamental to the idea of the web surely.
>
> Entering links is easy...with HTML. But you want to both have HTML and not have
> HTML, which is to say you really want HTML lite, or something.
>
> The way Drupal's content entry system is set up, the HTML you need to know to
> enter content is greatly reduced, but there are a few tags you can't as easily
> get away from.

Look at the way that SeaMonkey/Mozilla does it, no HTML shows up.

But I think the 'how to insert a link' thing is just a symptom of what
I find uncomfortable about Drupal and similar systems.  I'm realising
(with all the help here among other things) that Drupal isn't really
aimed at what I want to do.  I don't need dynamic content and I don't
need browser based editing.

--
Chris Green (chris at halon.org.uk)