[support] how to add links as content types or nodes?

cl at isbd.net cl at isbd.net
Mon Jan 29 15:23:31 UTC 2007

On Mon, Jan 29, 2007 at 08:19:16AM -0500, Earnie Boyd wrote:
> Quoting cl at isbd.net:
>

> > This thread shows me what I find difficult/wrong about Drupal (and
> > most other CMS systems)!  Just to make it possible to put links into
> > content one has to jump through all these hoops?!?!
> >

> You call highly configurable/modifiable hoops.
>
> > Someone has lost the plot somewhere (maybe me).  :-)
> >

> Yes, you.  I prefer hoops to the you must do it this way method.

I'm not advocating a "you must do it this way", lots of alternatives
are usually a good idea.

However I am beginning to see the sort of thing that works for me
after much more hunting.  As I said I don't need dynamic HTML, nor do
I need building via a web browser.  With that in mind I started
searching again and came up with a few possibles, the best match to
what I'm looking for so far is Webgen.  If anyone here knows that at
all you'll realise I'm not after an incredibly 'user' friendly
interface but it sure is a much more 'me' friendly interface.  For me
at least it was much, much, much quicker to see how it works and all
fits together and positively trivial to actually create a basic web
site and start playing.

--
Chris Green (chris at halon.org.uk)