[support] How to insert links to other pages on the same site?

cl at isbd.net cl at isbd.net
Tue Jan 30 08:54:39 UTC 2007

On Mon, Jan 29, 2007 at 08:44:36PM -0600, Larry Garfield wrote:

> > Most CMS systems seem to be aimed at the situation where the creation
> > of the site framework and structure is a sort of 'sysop' role and much
> > of the content comes from lots of 'outsiders' (which may of course
> > include the 'sysop' with a different hat on).  This isn't where I am,
> > there will be one, or two, or three people involved and they will all
> > be doing a spread of tasks across the system.
>
> You're right, you don't want a web-based CMS.  You want Macromedia
> Dreamweaver. :-)  I'm pretty sure with a little investigation of its feature
> set it would do what you want.  Of course, if the site isn't that big than I
> don't know why NVU wouldn't be sufficient, but DW does offer things like
> master pages and templates, I believe.

Yes, I think I do, the only problem is that it doesn't run on Linux
and I'm a very un-Windows person (both from an experience and from an
inclination point of view).

All I have found in the Linux/Unix world that are even remotely like
Dreamweaver are:-
    NVU (and Kompozer)
    Bluefish
    SeaMonkey

However a posting here has pointed me at a site with some other
possibilities so I'm still looking.  :-)

--
Chris Green (chris at halon.org.uk)