[support] Error 404 when i copy live site in localhost.

Walter Garcia-Fontes walter.garcia at upf.edu
Thu Jul 5 08:17:23 UTC 2007

* Tomás Lucas Arcos [05/07/07 09:43]:
>    - Change of configuration of the files of drupal to adapt them to the new
>    data base in the localhost and the URL bases.
>    - Make the Virtualhost in apache2.
>    - Inclusion of local site in /etc/hosts file aiming at [1]127.0.0.1.
>    The drupal version is the 4.7, Apache/2.2.3 and PHP/5.2.1
>    The access of the main page works perfectly, the problem is when
>    itching on
>    any   link   the  answer  always  is:  Not  Found  The  requested  URL
>    /www.abcdef.com/pp/ was not found on this server.
>    You can orient on how solving the problem to Me?
>    Thank you very much by your time and it helps.

I found out that apart from doing all this, you have to enter the
following lines in your httpd.conf:

<Directory "/var/www/html/drupal">
        RewriteBase /
        Options Indexes Includes FollowSymLinks
        AllowOverride All
        Allow from all
        Order allow,deny
</Directory>

where the directory above is your drupal root.

--
Walter Garcia-Fontes
Barcelona