[support] Image module: heavy problems

Jean Gazis jgazis at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 12:48:04 UTC 2007

Have you changed any settings in the image module, like the default size of
previews and thumbnails? You could try reverting to defaults and see what
happens. Also, there's something about whether it uses Image magic or some
other image toolkit (?) - you could check that. And also what are the
allowed file extensions in your file settings.

>From what I've heard, some people prefer using CCK with image fields to
using the image module, but I haven't tried it.

On 7/9/07, Georg Rehfeld <georg.rehfeld at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> maybe I'm stupid, but I'm having heavy problems using the Image module
> in Drupal 5.1, GD 2.0.8, Image module 5.x-1.3.
>
> I never can't create a new Image node with different error
> messages (not beeing useful at all). E.g.:
>
>   1) a .jpg out of Photoshop, dimensions 821x376, size 18 KB gives me
>      this error message:
>
>        Unable to create scaled Preview image
>
>      See the screenshot at:
>
>        http://georg-rehfeld.de/test/drupal_image_problem_1.jpg
>
>      The strange thing is, that the preview actually _was_ created,
>      as can be seen in the screen shot.
>
>   2) a .png file out of Photoshop, dimensions 570x457, size 41 KB gives
>      me another error:
>
>        You must upload an image.
>
>      Shot at:
>
>        http://georg-rehfeld.de/test/drupal_image_problem_2.jpg
>
>      Again, the image I had choosen, _was_ actually uploaded and
>      obviously processed (thumbnail generated) ... and believe me,
>      that red marked field wasn't empty, when I pressed the 'Preview'
>      button. Besides, the 'Attachments' section is empty.
>
>      Same with a .gif file, dimensions 157x157, size 6 KB.
>
> What am I missing? Most obviously I have done something wrong, because
> the image module seems to be far away from alpha/beta and others seem
> to be able to use it.
>
> Any suggestions are very welcome. If you need more information to help,
> I'll provide it!
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Georg
> --
>    ___   ___
>   | + | |__    Georg Rehfeld      Woltmanstr. 12     20097 Hamburg
>   |_|_\ |___   georg.rehfeld.nospam at gmx.de    +49 (40) 23 53 27 10
>
>                (Delete .nospam from mail address)

Jean Gazis
www.jeangazis.com
www.boxofrain.us

"Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it." - André
Gide