[support] Menu Shennanigans - Hide parents & their siblings (yep, I'm confused too)

Rob Wilmshurst drupal at fifteenoclock.com
Tue Jul 17 08:39:40 UTC 2007

Sorry I've taken a couple of days to reply; perhaps posting last thing
on a Friday was a bad idea :)

Augustin wrote:
> is this what you are trying to achieve?
> http://drupal.org/project/nice_menus

Afraid not -- I was looking more to change the data and structure of
menus, rather than their presentation.  Should probably have mentioned
I'm running Drupal 5, too - so nice menus is a no anyway (although it's
probably time I put something back into Drupal by helping port it to v5!).

I actually ended up taking another look at menu_trim, then rewriting its
menu_trimming features to what I needed. Basically, given the current
'level' in a menu, it traverses up the menu tree until it hits a
specified cutoff point, returning the final parent and the menu tree
from that point downwards (for theming elsewhere).  Kinda handy, but
needs work before I consider distributing it.
Thanks though!

> Hmmm... I'd love to have a look at your site.
> you might be interested in this:
> http://minguo.info/usa/node/4
> http://minguo.info/usa/node/13
> But then, you are not from the U.S., are you?

Indeed not!  I watched An Inconvenient Truth the other day and Mr. Gore
popped into my head -- I can assure you the real site is a little more
serious (A fairly large adventure holiday operator)...  Didn't vote
though as I thought it might skew your results seeing as I know probably
five or six of the names on your site (plus I'm not/can't vote in '08...
being Johnny Foreigner and all).  Nice idea though; I'll be keeping track.

Thanks for your time,

Rob

--
Rob Wilmshurst