[support] Creating a static archive of drupal site ("base"directive gets in the way)

Ulf Kölbro kolbro at telia.com
Tue Jul 17 19:23:00 UTC 2007

Unreg me please

flyg at kolbro.se

kolbro at telia.com

  _____

Från: support-bounces at drupal.org [mailto:support-bounces at drupal.org] För
Cheryl Chase
Skickat: den 17 juli 2007 21:11
Till: support at drupal.org
Ämne: [support] Creating a static archive of drupal site ("base"directive
gets in the way)

I would like to create a static html archive of my drupal site (on a regular
basis, for corporate compliance reasons related to documenting previous
states of the publicly published information).

I have referred to the drupal manual page at  <http://drupal.org/node/27882>
http://drupal.org/node/27882. But I have two problems (because I am simply
archiving a snapshot of the site, not retiring it, so I don't want to
interfere with the normal, drupal-based, dynamic operation).

1. When I use any of the download tools (wget, sitesucker, I've not yet
tried httrack) to download the site, the function drupal_get_html_head in
file includes/common.inc outputs a directive ". This causes the downloaded
pages to contain links which try to open the original site on the Internet,
rather than the local file copy.

2. I would like to be logged in as a special user, named "archive", which is
configured specially for archive purposes. For instance, it has no
permission to search; it displays a custom block that tells that this is an
archived version of the website, and states the date on which it was
archived, etc. This works for me when I manually login as user "archive".
How to get a downloading tool to login as a drupal user (they are good at
http authentication, but have no understanding of drupal authentication).

Thanks,

Cheryl