[support] Mode to extract tags from a posted node

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Jul 20 12:52:03 UTC 2007

Quoting Kitt Hodsden <kitt-drupal at hodsden.org>:

> Dan,
>
> Here you go: http://kitt.hodsden.com/drupal/extract_tags_module
>
> You'll have to use comma separated tags, instead of space separated:
>
> tags: tag1, tag3, taginfinity
>
> Enjoy.
>
> Kitt.
>

> Quoting Dan Karran <dan at karran.net>:
>
>> Does anybody know of an existing module which will extract tags from
>> the body of a post (i.e. a line like "Tags: tag1 tag2 tag3") and pass
>> them to the taxonomy system to tag that node?
>>
>> I've had a skim through the Taxonomy related module list on drupal.org
>> and didn't spot anything...

I am not sure why one would want to do this?  Can someone explain why I
would want to embed the tags in my node text instead of adding the
appropriate category (vocabulary) settings to the content type?  I have
hierarchy disabled and free tagging checked and it allows me to enter a
comma separated list.  I also get the benefit of dynamic suggested
terms based on what is being entered.

Earnie -- http://for-my-kids.com/