[support] More effective use of auto-complete in Profile

Laura Scott laura at pingv.com
Wed Mar 7 16:47:15 UTC 2007

On Mar 7, 2007, at 4:58 AM, Neil: esl-lounge.com wrote:

> Unfortunately, I have a selection of 23,000 towns so that is not
> practical.
> Isn't there a way of getting the autocomplete to "look" in a
> different table
> for values?

I wonder if it might be more direct to build off of the location
module as it already works with user profiles and has this info in
the us zipcodes table (albeit with some cities listed multiple times,
listed once for each zip code contained within). Then the issue is
doing the autocomplete ajaxy interface with otherwise existing
functionality. Or am I missing something?

Laura