[support] Drupal-integrated gallery ?

Jason Flatt drupal at oadaeh.net
Fri May 4 18:39:49 UTC 2007

On Friday May 4 2007 10:23 am, Jean Gazis wrote:
> I am using the image module and its gallery, and they work fine, but they
> don't have a slideshow capability. Can anyone point me to a slideshow
> solution - it doesn't have to be fancy, even just a <--previous image /
> next image--> button within the gallery would be fine.

Though I've never actually tried them myself, in the Media section of Drupal
modules (http://drupal.org/project/Modules/category/67), there are a couple
of slideshow modules.  Also, there is a snippet in the Handbooks about adding
previous/next links in the gallery (http://drupal.org/node/119052).  That's
what I'll be trying in the near future.

> Also, how can I take all the posting junk of each image - I don't want to
> show the full date and author etc. for every image in a gallery. This
> doesn't seem to be an option in content types like for other kinds of
> content.

Some of that (which may be all you're looking for) can be changed in
admin/build/themes/settings.

http://www.troop256.com/

> Lastly, is there a random image block module or snippet for Drupal 5? I
> have one on a D4.7 site, but couldn't find it on Drupal.org for D5.

In the image module, there's a random image block (I'm using it on the above
site).

--
Jason Flatt
http://www.oadaeh.net/