[support] editing block content question

Metzler, David metzlerd at evergreen.edu
Mon May 7 14:59:52 UTC 2007

Blocks that are generated by module code cannot be edited.  It doesn't
really make sense to be able to, remembering that the block content is
generated by the PHP code in the module.  This has always been true. The
blocks you add are different, because they're static.  You type in the
values, and the data is not generated by module code, but looked up in
the database. That's the best explanation as to "why".

I'm not sure why your 4.7 blocks became uneditable in 5.0.  The objvious
work-around is to disable those and create new ones if you need to edit
them.

Dave