[support] Site layout with drupal

Erik Steffl steffl at bigfoot.com
Wed May 16 07:12:50 UTC 2007

I am using drupal 5 (since 4.x or so) and while it's easy to install and
setup as well as add various content types I am still struggling with
trying to figure out how to do the overall site layout.

Let's say I want to have a generic news/blog (that works out of the box)
but I also want distinct (example) sections for Music (my audio files
etc.), computers/linux (setup, progamming projects etc.), Sports etc.

When I say distinct I mean at least obviously distinct in navigation
menu, possibly distinct themes/styles/modules enabled etc.

I know I can simply create a book and add the top page to the menu but
I'd like to hear about something better - how do other people do it? It
seems taxonomy might do it - do I want a separate vocabulary for each
section?

Related: I see that drupal.org has location line displayed at the top of
the page, e.g.:

Where does that come from? That kinda looks like what I think of as
sections (i.e. Image galleries section within Drupal).

   TIA,

	erik