[support] Access control modules do not work . . .

Jean Gazis jgazis at gmail.com
Wed May 16 18:23:18 UTC 2007

Do the site where tac lite is working and the site where it is not working
have all the same other modules installed, etc? Maybe it is a conflict
between modules or something.

On 5/16/07, Jason Flatt <drupal at oadaeh.net> wrote:

> On Wednesday May 16 2007 8:41 am, Metzler, David wrote:
> > Jason,
> >
> > The best way I've found on getting a handle on what's wrong with node
> > access is to inspect the node_access table directly.
> >
> > In some cases (like simple_access) the module's don't keep a separate
> > store where they keep track of a permission to a node, and if that's the
> > case, executing the reubuild node permissions will actually remove all
> > access restrictions from all nodes.
>
> I'm actually okay with that, and I've done it several times in an attempt
> figure out and fix what's going wrong.
>

> > I'm  not familiar with the access
> > module that you're interested in, so I don't know if this is the case
> > there.
> >
> > So the best advice I can give is to rebuild permissions on a test site
> > (not upgraded), and try setting up node_access from scratch.
>
> I'm already using tac_lite successfully on another site, so I know it's
> not
> the module.
>

> > If it
> > works, try inspecting the contents of the node access table on your
> > upgraded site with what you've got on your functional test site.
>
> I did that, and as near as I could tell, everything was okay, but I wiped
> it
> anyway to make sure I wasn't overlooking anything.
>

> > Does that seem like a plan?
> >
> > Alternatively, maybe someone out there who's using the module (or the
> > maintainer) might be able to look at the data from your node_access
> > table.
> >
> > If you don't get help, let me know and I'll give a shot to reading the
> > module code and seeing if I can let you know what the node access table
> > should look like. Have you logged an issue on the project site?
>
> No, because I'm fairly positive it's not the module's fault, though I'm
> sure I
> could file a support request.  I just think it's something to do with the
> site and was hopping for some places to look, which I have received and
> followed through with.
>

> --
> Jason Flatt
> http://www.oadaeh.net/
> Father of Six:  http://www.flattfamily.com/ (Joseph, 13; Cramer, 11;
> Travis,
> 9; Angela; Harry, 5; and William, 12:04 am, 12-29-2005)
> Linux User:     http://www.kubuntu.org/
> Drupal Fanatic: http://drupal.org/

Jean Gazis
www.jeangazis.com
www.boxofrain.us

"Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it." - André
Gide