[support] Extra sitewide variables/configuration - where best to put them?

J-P Stacey jp.stacey at torchbox.com
Wed May 16 08:53:15 UTC 2007

Hi,

We're building a site for a client that's taking donations on a rolling
basis. We'd therefore like to have e.g. the running total of donations
stored in some centralized place that the client can update, and I was
wondering where would be the right place to put that.

Any ideas? Extra input fields on admin/settings/site-information would feel
right, but I'm not sure how to hook into that or if so how to get at the
additional content from within PHPTemplate.

Best regards,
J-P