[support] Site layout with drupal

Kelly Harding kelly.harding at gmail.com
Wed May 16 12:44:24 UTC 2007

On 16/05/07, Erik Steffl <steffl at bigfoot.com> wrote:

> I am using drupal 5 (since 4.x or so) and while it's easy to install and
> setup as well as add various content types I am still struggling with
> trying to figure out how to do the overall site layout.
>
> Let's say I want to have a generic news/blog (that works out of the box)
> but I also want distinct (example) sections for Music (my audio files
> etc.), computers/linux (setup, progamming projects etc.), Sports etc.
>
> When I say distinct I mean at least obviously distinct in navigation
> menu, possibly distinct themes/styles/modules enabled etc.

I find the menu trim module very helpful here.

For instance on my own website (geekgothgrrl.co.uk) there are a number of
different sections, with menu trim I can remove sections from the menu tree
when people navigate it, so it only contains links to relevant content.
Works quite well I find.

There is a taxonomy-theme module too, that'd allow you to specifiy a
different theme by term.

Kelly