[support] Site layout with drupal

Jean Gazis jgazis at gmail.com
Wed May 16 14:02:06 UTC 2007

I would think you could do what you want with taxonomy - read up on it
first, you will need to plan out your categories. You'll need it even if you
end up doing some of it other ways as well.

On 5/16/07, Kelly Harding <kelly.harding at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 16/05/07, Erik Steffl <steffl at bigfoot.com> wrote:
> >
> > I am using drupal 5 (since 4.x or so) and while it's easy to install and
> > setup as well as add various content types I am still struggling with
> > trying to figure out how to do the overall site layout.
> >
> > Let's say I want to have a generic news/blog (that works out of the box)
> >
> > but I also want distinct (example) sections for Music (my audio files
> > etc.), computers/linux (setup, progamming projects etc.), Sports etc.
> >
> > When I say distinct I mean at least obviously distinct in navigation
> > menu, possibly distinct themes/styles/modules enabled etc.
>

> I find the menu trim module very helpful here.
>
> For instance on my own website (geekgothgrrl.co.uk ) there are a number of
> different sections, with menu trim I can remove sections from the menu tree
> when people navigate it, so it only contains links to relevant content.
> Works quite well I find.
>
> There is a taxonomy-theme module too, that'd allow you to specifiy a
> different theme by term.
>
> Kelly

Jean Gazis
www.jeangazis.com
www.boxofrain.us

"Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it." - André
Gide