[support] Extra sitewide variables/configuration - where best to put them?

Jason Flatt drupal at oadaeh.net
Wed May 16 13:53:29 UTC 2007

If you can use variable_get(), why not use variable_set() also?  That seems
the easiest to me, and it can be done anywhere - in a block, a node, the
theme, etc.

http://api.drupal.org/api/5/function/variable_set

On Wednesday May 16 2007 4:16 am, sessy wrote:
> AFAIK you can call variable_get() from the template.php file, than use
> http://api.drupal.org/api/5/function/_phptemplate_variables to "inject" the
> data.

> On Wed, 16 May 2007 09:53:15 +0100
>
> J-P Stacey <jp.stacey at torchbox.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > We're building a site for a client that's taking donations on a
> > rolling basis. We'd therefore like to have e.g. the running total of
> > donations stored in some centralized place that the client can
> > update, and I was wondering where would be the right place to put
> > that.
> >
> > Any ideas? Extra input fields on admin/settings/site-information
> > would feel right, but I'm not sure how to hook into that or if so how
> > to get at the additional content from within PHPTemplate.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > J-P
> > --

Jason Flatt
http://www.oadaeh.net/
Father of Six:  http://www.flattfamily.com/ (Joseph, 13; Cramer, 11; Travis,
9; Angela; Harry, 5; and William, 12:04 am, 12-29-2005)
Linux User:     http://www.kubuntu.org/
Drupal Fanatic: http://drupal.org/