[support] Extra sitewide variables/configuration - where best to put them?

Metzler, David metzlerd at evergreen.edu
Wed May 16 15:22:13 UTC 2007

The last time I needed some site/theme specific variables, I developed a
little one-off custom module called evergreen_settings.  I made a
settings form to access this information.  I do think this is the best
course of action.

You do need to learn enough of the forms api to do develop a settings
page.  I then accessed these variable_gets from within my themes.

If you're interested in going down this road, I'd be happy to share the
module with you.  You'd have to rename/customize it for your own site.

Dave