[support] Access control modules do not work . . .

Metzler, David metzlerd at evergreen.edu
Wed May 16 15:41:59 UTC 2007

Jason,

The best way I've found on getting a handle on what's wrong with node
access is to inspect the node_access table directly.

In some cases (like simple_access) the module's don't keep a separate
store where they keep track of a permission to a node, and if that's the
case, executing the reubuild node permissions will actually remove all
access restrictions from all nodes. I'm  not familiar with the access
module that you're interested in, so I don't know if this is the case
there.

So the best advice I can give is to rebuild permissions on a test site
(not upgraded), and try setting up node_access from scratch.  If it
works, try inspecting the contents of the node access table on your
upgraded site with what you've got on your functional test site.

Does that seem like a plan?

Alternatively, maybe someone out there who's using the module (or the
maintainer) might be able to look at the data from your node_access
table.

If you don't get help, let me know and I'll give a shot to reading the
module code and seeing if I can let you know what the node access table
should look like. Have you logged an issue on the project site?

Dave