[support] advise coverting static site to Drupal

Sean Effel sean at crushyou.net
Fri May 18 02:14:43 UTC 2007

On 5/17/07 9:51 PM, "Emmanuel Gandelman" <makopolok at gmail.com> hollered:

Hi Emmanuel,

I've got tons of experience converting small NPO sites from their
traditional straight HTML to a Drupal platform.  From what I can tell from a
quick look at your site, I think it would be a pretty simple task and
probably open your site up to a few basic features that will make your life
easier.  Your site is as straight forward of a conversion as they get.

Between the standard node system for publishing new articles, and maybe
taking advantage of the member and profile modules, you'll cut back a lot of
your administration.  The addition of the standard Drupal RSS will also help
you push your content further out.  Posting photos to your articles would
get easier as well, with the CCK or just plain Image (with image_attach)
modules.  Posting new content to the site will feel just like writing an
email if you build it right.

But I can't comment on Hebrew text generation. I have never used Drupal to
publish right-left text.  I know lots of people have done so, maybe they can
comment here, I would like to know as well.

Good luck,

Sean Effel
http://www.drupaltherapy.com