[support] Newbee: How should I plan this?

Larry Garfield larry at garfieldtech.com
Sat May 19 04:50:29 UTC 2007

On Friday 18 May 2007, A-NO-NE Music wrote:
> Larry Garfield / 2007/05/17 / 01:43 AM wrote:
> >Musician node type: has name, website (link CCK field), etc.  Also has a
> >viewfield (CCK field) of a view that lists Show nodes that reference that
> >musician.
> >
> >Show node type: Has name, date (date CCK field) nodereference field to a
> >Venue
> >node, and a multi-value nodereference field to Musician nodes that lists
> > the musicians playing there on that date.
> >
> >Venue node type: Has a name, location (address CCK field), and other
> > stuff.
>
> Oh, oh, oh, these are tons of different modules you are talking about.
> Woa!  I think I got it.  Altho I haven't been able to locate Address CCK
> Module yet.  I think I am getting on the track!  Thank you!

Yep.  One of the key features of CCK is that you can cherry pick which field
types you want installed.  It comes with a half-dozen or so basic field
types, but the real power comes from adding things like imagefield, date,
viewfield, etc., which you download separately.  Have a look through the CCK
module category.  There's lots of cool stuff there.

--
Larry Garfield			AIM: LOLG42
larry at garfieldtech.com		ICQ: 6817012

Jefferson