[support] Adding custom menus as submenus

Jason Flatt drupal at oadaeh.net
Sat May 19 19:11:40 UTC 2007

On Saturday May 19 2007 6:38 am, Laura Scott wrote:

> Here's what you can do to have a submenus to your primary links: On
> the settings tab of your menu admin screen, change the "Menu
> containing secondary links:" to Primary links. What this does is
> change how your Secondary menu that is in your theme template is
> generated. Instead of being a separate menu, it will now display 2nd
> level items from your primary menu.
>
> Now create your secondary menu selections as menu items in your
> Primary menu, and indicate their parent terms when you do it. So if
> you have your menu set up like this:

I just went back and carefully re-read this post (rather than a cursory
overview, while in the middle of other things). I didn't even know that
functionality existed in Drupal. That's pretty slick. I don't actually have a
use for it, but it's nice to know it's there if ever the time comes.

--
Jason Flatt
http://www.oadaeh.net/