[support] Newbie seeking documentation

Jason Flatt drupal at oadaeh.net
Sat May 26 13:09:09 UTC 2007

On Saturday 26 May 2007 05:18:12 Mitch Wander wrote:
> Bruce,
>
> Assuming paper books (old style) are an option, here are two choices.
>
> If you're trying to quickly build a Drupal site from start to usable for
> site visitors try:
> Drupal: Creating Blogs, Forums, Portals, and Community Websites
> by David Mercer
>
> If you know PHP and want to take advantage of Drupal's inner workings try:
> Pro Drupal Development
> by John VanDyk and Matt Westgate
>
> Best regards,
>
> Mitch

There are actually five books out about Drupal:
http://drupal.org/node/42200

For what Bruce is looking for, I would definitely not recommend "Pro Drupal
Development". That is for advanced users and programmers, which is not what
he's looking for.

Either "Building Websites with Drupal" or "Building Online Communities with
Drupal, phpBB and WordPress" might be okay, but they're aimed at people
creating Drupal websites, not necessarily the people using them.

I don't know anything about "Practical Drupal: Evaluating and Using a Web
Content Management System", to be able to classify what kind of person would
benefit most from it, but based on the book description, it might be the best
option.

--
Jason Flatt
http://www.oadaeh.net/